Welcome to the Sony A7RII/A7RIV Forum

Photography discussions dealing with Sony A7RIII and Sony A7RIV cameras
Strider64
Site Admin

Welcome to the Sony A7RII/A7RIV Forum

Post by Strider64 »

My journey back into photography began with the Sony A7RIII camera after taking a 4 to 5 year hiatus from the hobby/profession. I originally looked at the Nikon Z7 camera and I actually preordered on from B&H Photo. However, I keep on searching the internet on different brands and came across the Sony Alpha Cameras. The talk on the internet was how great the Auto Focus was on the Sony Alpha cameras, so I cancelled the Nikon Z7 camera preorder and purchase the Sony A7RIII camera as I like the 42 Megapixel resolution the camera had and the autofocus on this camera is really good. Though the AF isn't as good as the Sony A7III or Sony A9 camera, but still pretty good compared to other brands.
img-steamboat-willie-001.jpg
img-steamboat-willie-001.jpg (7.51 MiB) Viewed 3003 times
EXIF-Data show/hide
Original image recording time:
2019:05:17 17:27:06
Image taken on:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 pm
Focus length:
90 mm
Shutter speed:
1/125 Sec
F-number:
f/2.8
ISO speed rating:
Whitebalance:
Auto
Flash:
Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Camera-manufacturer:
SONY
Camera-model:
ILCE-7RM3
Exposure program:
Manual
Exposure bias:
0 EV
Metering mode:
Pattern
My conclusion on the Sony A7III is that it is a very good camera, but the only negative things are that the AF isn't as fast as I hope it would be and the EVF has no blackout-free shooting like the Sony A9.

This forum anything to do with the Sony A7III or Sony A7IV cameras like pictures, technical questions, tutorials and anything else that I have forgotten.